This is our running joke amongst one another.
I can't even express how many times we have heard this annoying, unfunny question since March first! Every time we run into someone else, it is a given the wedding will be brought up and we brace ourselves because we know it is coming...
It does make us feel incredible when people tell us how much fun they had. How beautiful it was, and how they will never forget the experience.
Anyhow, I'd love to tell you the wedding went off without a hitch but I would be lying through my fucking teeth. Thankfully I had my husband and the playful, curious dolphins to help me keep my last shreds of sanity when I felt ready to lose it. I can't even think of all the things that went horribly wrong but I will do a quick run down of the evenings low lights;
The bride started her period EARLY the night before the wedding, which never happens. Then she went commando. In the craziness of wedding planning, she had forgotten to buy a pair of sexy undies to wear under her dress...my wonderful Oregon college bound cousin Brianne couldn't attend. We got sent home with a cake that serves 60 people because it didn't get served to our guests! We even bought grey disposable plates/forks and napkins but after the bride and the groom had the cake cutting... crickets and we completely forgot about it until it was time to haul all of our loot back to the hotel. The DJ was a disaster, but thankfully as people have pointed out to me, only I knew when he was fucking up grrrrrrrr.
The highlights;
Having our family of 7 in the same place at the same time for the first time in I don't know how many years. My 87 year old grandmother attending a week after a stroke in fabulous health, even dancing the twist like a teenager! I felt safe because my MIL was not there so there wasn't a possible chance of her ruining our day. Seeing the experience through Masons eyes, he had so much fun...seeing my oldest friend Patricia and her mom who was like an aunt to me growing up. The partying! Oh so much partying. The professional photographers and their amazing photos. And of course, finally tying the knot!
All in all, we had a fabulous time, everyone looked great and we made a killing on gifts!
Every time I could feel myself forgetting why I was there and focusing on mounds of shit about to hit the fan, I would just look at my husband and we would dance closely and laugh into each others faces.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You did it! So... How does it feel to be married?! HAAAAAAA
Congratulations! Nobody ever said it would go off without a hitch but it sounds like you had a great time anyway.
I have less than a month. The B&B is doing everything except dressing us and favors for the guests, so not much for me to worry about except I wanna hurry up and do it!
Post a Comment